Helps to maintain immune function.
Zinc is an essential antioxidant mineral that is found in almost every cell. It is important to overall health and particularly insulin production, hormone regulation, male fertility, eye health, skin health and immune function. Although our zinc levels are difficult to measure because of how zinc is distributed throughout the body, it is likely that a significant percentage of adults in North America have marginal or inadequate zinc intake. Signs of deficiency include white spots on finger nails, hang nails, hair loss, dry skin, frequent colds, poor wound healing, and acne. The risk of sub-optimal zinc levels increases in the elderly, vegetarians and vegans, people with digestive or gastro-intestinal conditions, those with kidney or liver disease, as well as in pregnant and lactating women. In addition, high-dose iron, and common drugs including antibiotics and diuretics negatively affect zinc levels.
SISU Zinc Lozenges provide high-potency zinc in a convenient, great-tasting lozenge that can be taken year-round for better hair, skin and nail health, or as additional support throughout the cold and flu season to boost the immune system and improve our resistance to infection.
- High potency, provides 23 mg of elemental zinc
- Supports immune system function for improved resistance to colds, the flu, and other infections
- Even mild degrees of zinc deficiency can impair the function of key immune cells, such as macrophages and neutrophils as well as natural killer cell activity
- Ideal for people at greater risk of sub-optimal zinc levels, including vegetarians, people with digestive conditions, kidney or liver disorders, and people taking high-dose iron, antibiotics, or diuretics
- Essential for clear skin and strong hair and nails
- SISU Advantages
- Delicious, natural lemon-lime flavour, naturally sweetened with cane sugar
- Less than 1 gram of sugar and less than 5 calories per lozenge
- Suitable for adults and children ages 9 and up
- Made with non-GMO ingredients
|Zinc (zinc citrate, zinc gluconate)||23 mg|
Take 1 SISU Zinc Lozenge one to two times per day. Dissolve in mouth. Take a few hours before or after taking other medications. Take with food.
Adolescents (9-18 years):
Take 1 SISU Zinc Lozenge one time per day. Dissolve in mouth. Take a few hours before or after taking other medications. Take with food.