Also known as "red bush," Rooibos is native to the mountainous regions of South Africa. It grows to a height of 6 feet and bears long, needle like leaves. In late summer, the leaves are harvested, moistened, bruised and left to dry or "ferment" in the sun, a process which turns the tea a brick red colour.
Rooibos is renown for being caffeine-free and has a very high antioxidant level, even when compared to green tea. It has a refreshing flavour and can be steeped for long periods without becoming bitter due to its low tannin content. Drink it plain or add milk and sugar for a different flavour.
Rooibos Tea Bags
Organic Rooibos (Aspalathus linearis)
All the herbs in this tea are organically grown and prepared, ensuring their natural taste and active properties are enjoyed in every cup of tea. Our organic audit trail enables traceability from the field to your table.
• Good water is an essential part of brewing a great cup of tea. We recommend using spring or filtered water.
• Be sure to relax! Some of the most enjoyable aspects of tea are the calmness and ritual that surround it.
• This is a delicate herb and is more potent when not exposed to extremely high temperatures. So that your tea has its maximum medicinal properties and flavour, be sure that your water is slightly cooled from the boiling point when you pour it over your tea.
• If you desire a medicinal tea, be sure to use one tea bag per cup of hot water, cover and steep for 7-12 minutes. This is known as the infusion method.
• If you desire a pleasure tea or quick brew, use one teabag per cup of hot water. Pour water over teabags, cover, and let steep 3 to 5 minutes to taste. Enjoy!
No flavourings, preservatives or sweeteners of any kind.
|Name||Rooibos (Red Tea)|
|UPC Code||6 28240 25175 6|
|Certified Organic by||Pro-Cert|
|Certified Kosher by:||KSA|