Turmeric is a rhizome that is part of the ginger family. Its Chinese name literally means “yellow ginger.” As one of nature’s most revered botanticals, it has been used for centuries as a food preservative, a coloring agent, a culinary flavor and as an important anti-inflammatory herbal remedy in Ayurvedic Medicine. It has also been used as a natural dye and as a popular cosmetic in India and Asia for healthy, glowing skin. This tri-doshic balancing herb supports many systems of the body. According to the energetic principles of Ayurveda, Turmeric is pungent, bitter and astringent in the Rasa taste energy, heating in action according to Virya and balancing for Vata, Pitta and Kapha constitutional doshas, with a tendency to increase Vata and Pitta. It is considered a wonderful daily herb to support general well-being, vitality and health.
- Nature’s most important spice
- Used for centuries as a culinary flavor
- Anti-inflammatory herbal remedy in traditional Ayurvedic Medicine
- Great in all recipes as well as topically for healthy, glowing skin
- Sustainably grown and harvested
Overview of Key Benefits
Anti-inflammatory Turmeric demonstrates an inhibitory effect on a number of different compounds that play an important role in the inflammation response such as COX2 and LOX2. Eases bursitis
- Turmeric tea/ tea latte, also known as golden milk
- Turmeric broth if you’re feeling savory
- Use it to enhance your favourite curry recipe
- Turmeric roasted chicken and cauliflower
- Add ½ tsp to your favourite face mask recipe to reduce inflammation
Key Features & Benefits
Allergen Information: Produced in a facility that packages tree nuts (Almonds, Hazelnuts and Cashews). The facility is dairy-free, gluten-free, soy-free and peanut free.
Storage Information: Refrigeration not required. Store in a cool, dry, dark place.
Country of Origin: India
Ingredients: Certified Organic Turmeric Powder
Botanical Name: Curcuma longa
Turmeric Powder - Organic Traditions
Produced in a facility that packages tree nuts (Almonds, Hazelnuts and Cashews). The facility is dairy-free, gluten-free, soy-free and peanut free.